[Paraview] Stream tracer does nothing

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Tue Jun 19 17:25:30 EDT 2018

Hi,

There are a variety of reasons why the Stream Tracer won't output anything.
These include:

   - The seeds are not in any of the cells
   - The velocity at the seeds is 0 (really below the Terminal Speed)
   - For multiblock datasets if the field arrays are not consistent across
   all blocks

I don't know the Ensight format well enough but my guess would be the last
situation. You can verify that this is the case by looking at the
Information tab and seeing if the Type is Multi-block Dataset or something
similar AND if in the data arrays any of them has listed "(partial)" in the
name. If this is the case, you'll want to get rid of the blocks that have
the missing field values using the Extract Blocks filter. Alternatively,
you can use the Pass Arrays filter to only pass your velocity array through
to the Stream Tracer filter.