[Paraview] ParticlePath output

Van Moer, Mark W mvanmoer at illinois.edu
Wed Jun 13 19:04:02 EDT 2018

Hello ParaView,

I can't seem to get either ParticlePath or StreakLine to produce output which changes as the flow changes. The data is a series of VTK legacy files. I read https://blog.kitware.com/improvements-in-path-tracing-in-vtk/ but I feel like I'm missing something. If I add a ParticlePath filter, change the Termination time to > 0, hit apply, then some paths get created as polylines. I then hit play, and nothing happens. Is that expected?

I can get both Particle Tracer and Temporal Particles to PathLines to generate points and polylines which evolve with the flow. I can stay with these but was curious about the other two filters.

Thanks,
Mark