[Paraview] Exporting publication-quality images

Ahmet Ahmet ahmetskyland at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 07:24:28 EDT 2018

Hello everyone,

I have two main questions about publication-quality images. I got stuck in
making quality images for my journal article. Since, all my charts/render
views is in Paraview.

First, I am trying to export vector graphics such as postscript, SVG, or
PDF for chart view. In vector graphics, axes titles have wrong font type,
size and positions. Also, x-axis limits are not applied. I think the reason
of the wrong type and size is that I used MathText in the axis titles but I
don't know the reasons of the wrong position and limits for x axis. There
are two images with true (png) and false (vector) in attachment (Drive).
How can I export vector graphics with appearance of the Paraview rendering?
Additionally, I guess we can not export vector graphics for comparative
chart or render views because of disabling "export scenes" choice. Is there
really no way?

Second, if I prefer a raster format like tif/png, is it possible to adjust
DPI quality of the image not the image size? If not, do you have any
suggestions (including other than Paraview)?

Note: I tried Paraview v5.2, v5.3, v5.4 and v5.5. The problem happens in
all Paraview versions that I tried and all vector graphics formats.  Data
types are csv for chart view, OpenFOAM results for render view. I tested
"render text as paths" or other options in the export scene.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Ahmet

​