[Paraview] Odd problem slicing/cutting complex polyhedron

Joachim Pouderoux joachim.pouderoux at kitware.com
Thu Jun 7 15:17:55 EDT 2018

Andy,

ParaView uses vtkPolyhdron data-structure to store polyhedron.
As you can read on this page
<https://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkPolyhedron.html#details>,
vtkPolyhdron requires:
*"The polyhedron should be watertight, non-self-intersecting and manifold
(each edge is used twice)."*

Clearly, your cell here is not watertight (see attached picture), so I fear
you won't be able to
process it correctly with VTK based tools.

Best,

* Joachim Pouderoux*, Ph.D.

*Technical Lead - Scientific Visualization Team*
*Kitware SAS <http://www.kitware.fr>*