[Paraview] Find the intersection point between a connectivity and a stream tracer

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Thu Jun 7 10:17:59 EDT 2018

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 11:00 AM Caffagni, Andrea <
Andrea.Caffagni at ferrari.com> wrote:

> Thank you Cory for the answer,
>
> Your idea works also if I have, instead of a slice, only a portion of a
> slice (I cut slices portions thanks to the connectivity filter)?

No, my solution is for the special case of a plane. For your case, please
see my tip on our Discourse forum that will explain how to do this for your
portion of a slice:
https://discourse.paraview.org/t/compute-the-signed-distance-field-from-a-polygonal-mesh/123

Once you have followed the steps in the tip, apply a Contour filter to the
output of the Programmable Filter. Set the isovalue to 0 and the Contour By
property to Distance. The output will consist of your intersection points.
See the attached image where I have done this. The red spheres show the
intersection points.

HTH,
Cory

--