[Paraview] Plotting Data Over Curves

Zach Davis zdavis at pointwise.com
Wed Jun 6 15:22:01 EDT 2018

I have a question about how to go about plotting a variable over a curve.  I have a solution for a half-symmetry model of a duct where the flow direction is aligned with the x-direction.  Along the symmetry plane, I would like to plot a variable along the upper duct wall and lower duct wall between an explicit range of values in the flow direction.

I’ve tried extracting the curves by first using the Extract Surface filter on my volume data, and then applying a slice along the symmetry plane.  This gives me all of the edges along the symmetry plane, and I can use the Plot Data filter along with a custom range for the x-axis.  However, I really need to isolate the curve along the upper wall from the lower wall, and my approach doesn’t quite get me what I wanted.  Is there a better way of doing this, or perhaps I’m overlooking another filter which will get me what I’m looking for.

Best Regards,

Zach Davis