[Paraview] Paraview parallel

Guillermo guillermo180395 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 15:42:16 EDT 2018

Dear all,

I am highly interested on using the Parallel processing in paraview. But
I have no idea how to implement it. I read that the following variables
should be set: PARAVIEW_USE_MPI = ON. The problem is that I have
installed paraview from Ubuntu repositories:
/sudo apt-get install paraview /. So, first question is, is the paraview
package version able to handle parallel processing?

In case that the package version is not able to handle parallel
processing//, I mustdownload ParaView Source Code. Some time ago I faced
a lot of problems trying to install this type of paraview version. So,
if you do not mind, I please you to assist me to install it, since the
wiki (https://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView:Build_And_Install) is quite
short for me. I mean, indicate me the steps required to manage a good
installation process: how to install Qt5, the required libraries, etc.

Once I have properly configured paraview to handle parallel processing,
could you indicate me the required steps to use it?. I have read that I
must connect to a server (I have access to a cluster) but I have no idea
how to implement it. I have searched around Internet but I have not find
out the solution to my problem.
Also, I tried to replicate the steps on the /15.7 Parallel processing in
paraview and pvpython/ section from Paraview guide 5.0.0. When
executing: /mpirun -np 4 pvserver, /the startup message appears:/
Waiting for client ...
Connection URL : cs :// myhost :11111
Accepting connection (s): myhost :11111

/but paraview doesn't start up.

I am using Ubuntu 16.04 and paraview version 5.0.1.

Thank you so much in advance.

Best regards,
Guillermo