[Paraview] custom view plugin - minimal example needed

Mathieu Westphal mathieu.westphal at kitware.com
Tue Jan 23 04:45:16 EST 2018

Hello

Here is a minimal example for creating a new type of view within a plugin.
You actually cannot inherit directly from vtkPVView, you must inherit for a
base view, which can be :
 - vtkPVRenderView
 - vtkPVContextView
 - vtkPythonView
 - vtkSpreadSheetView
(
https://www.paraview.org/ParaView/Doc/Nightly/www/cxx-doc/classvtkPVView.html
)

This choice is also visible in the associated xml files where you precise
which kind of proxy you want to create.

In the attached example, I demonstrated how to add a clone of the Render
View, called Render View 2.

Hope it helps,

Best,

Mathieu Westphal