[Paraview] custom view plugin - minimal example needed

Kolja Petersen petersenkolja at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 13:32:28 EST 2018

I have stripped down Plugin/MantaView until all compilation problems
disappear. What is left, is basically a plugin for a vtkOpenGLRenderer.
The code, consisting of only two minimal classes, is attached and can be
built using:
unzip snippet-viewplugin.zip && mkdir build && cd build && cmake && make
(tested with ParaView 5.4.1)

This brings me back to my initial question. I'd like to show a custom view,
made of a number of Qt widgets (buttons and text) to show important
statistics.
In SnippetView.xml, the view is declared as:
<SnippetViewProxy class="vtkPVSnippetView" ... base_proxygroup="views"
base_proxyname="RenderView" ...

How can I replace 'base_proxyname="RenderView"' by some generic view, to be
filled with widgets? "View" or "ViewBase" are not recognized as base
proxies.
Thank you
Kolja