[Paraview] Given 2D Displacement Field, Visualize Stretch as Geometric Change in Mesh

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Tue Jan 9 14:48:13 EST 2018

Charlie,

You can use the Warp by Vector filter to warp the points in your data
set according to a vector field. To get that vector field from your
p_x and p_y scalar arrays, it is convenient to use the Python
Calculator with the expression

make_vector(p_x, p_y, np.zeros(p_x.shape))

Apply the Python Calculator filter to your data set, then add a Warp
by Vector filter off the Python Calculator filter. Set the Vectors
property to "result", the default name of the array produced by the
Python Calculator.

Hope that helps,
Cory

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 2:02 PM, Charlie Talbot <chaztikov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, this is my first time posting to paraview-users, and I am wondering how
> to visualize displacements by changes in the mesh rather than field
> quantities (for attached file, px and py, displacements in x and y
> coordinates).
>
> Is this possible in paraview?  How so?  Thanks!

Cory Quammen
Staff R&D Engineer
Kitware, Inc.