[Paraview] Memory leaks in Catalyst ?

Yvan Fournier yvan.fournier at free.fr
Thu Feb 22 16:53:46 EST 2018

Hello,

Running under Valgrind (memcheck, with --enable-leak-check=full), I have some
warnings about ParaView/Catalyst possibly leaking memory.

Catalyst is called from Code_Saturne, whose adapter code (using ParaView Python
adapters from C++) is here https://www.code-saturne.org/viewvc/saturne/trunk/src
/fvm/fvm_to_catalyst.cxx?revision=11048&view=markup, using the attached
results.py script.

I fixed a leak in my own code following the Valgrind warnings, but some remining
warnings seem related to calls I have no direct control over, so I attach a log
(on one MPI rank) of Valgrind warnings (edited to remove OpenMPI initialization
related warnings). The first part contains memcheck warnings, the part after
"HEAP SUMMARY" the memory leak info.

I'm not sure if the leaks are "one time only" (not too much of an issue), or can
occur at every output timestep (30 in this example, for a small case with about
8000 mesh elements per MPI rank), so any opinion / checking on that would be
welcome.

Best regards,

  Yvan Fournier