[Paraview] connecting buttons and python

Sgouros, Thomas thomas_sgouros at brown.edu
Thu Feb 22 06:32:36 EST 2018

There appears to be one more missing piece, though, because my attempt
provokes an assertion error that appears to be claiming that my protocol,
derived from a LinkProtocol, is not actually a LinkProtocol:

  File "pvsvn.py", line 41, in initialize

    self.registerVtkWebProtocol(self.testbutton())

  File
"/Applications/ParaView-5.4.1-1232-g1496380e37.app/Contents/Python/vtkmodules/web/wslink.py",
line 63, in registerVtkWebProtocol

    self.registerLinkProtocol(protocol)

  File
"/Applications/ParaView-5.4.1-1232-g1496380e37.app/Contents/Python/wslink/websocket.py",
line 89, in registerLinkProtocol

    assert( isinstance(protocol, LinkProtocol))

AssertionError

At least I think that's what it's saying.

Thank you,

 -Tom