[Paraview] Integrate Variables divide cell data by volume has no effect?

Shuhao Wu shuhao at shuhaowu.com
Mon Feb 19 23:59:38 EST 2018

Hello all,

I've been using the filter IntegrateVariables with the option
DivideCellDataByVolume = on on a 2D surface. I've noticed that turning
this option on and off has no effect on the PointData of the output. No
additional cell data is produced either.

I thought the idea of the the integrate variables filter is (for 2D): it
sums up the values at each point and multiplied by the area associated
with that point (*). If the DivideCellDataByVolume option is on, it will
divide the final result by the total area. If this is the case, why does
the option do nothing, shouldn't the point data be scaled by a constant
factor that's the area?

(*) how does it associate the points with their areas?

Thanks,
Shuhao