[Paraview] Embedding paraview in PyQt application

Rustem Khabetdinov rustem.khabetdinov at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 05:42:56 EST 2018

Hello,

I am trying to embed paraview into my PyQt application but I have some
problems with python threading. For example, in my application I use my own
interactor style in which when user clicks left mouse button it executes
import time;time.sleep(2). But because of that there is a segfault.

This is what I tried so far:
I tried to build paraview changing these variables:
VTK_PYTHON_FULL_THREADSAFE
VTK_NO_PYTHON_THREAD
But there was no effect. Even when I disabled python threads time.sleep
caused segfault.

is there anything else I can try to do?

Thanks,
Rustem