[Paraview] Problem with paraview and Protocol Buffer version

Artem Bodrin art.bodrin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 05:45:59 EST 2018

Hello everyone,

so i did some research and ldd shows that platformthemes/libqgtk3.so is linked to libprotobuf.so itself. Actually, does not matter of which version, not 2.3.0 and this is essential. I used Qt 5.10.0 binary distribution.

To make ParaView work just remove that libqgtk3.so and it will run smoothly. No need to patch anything or rebuild. Just make the qt libs do not load that theme library.

The "good way" solution is to update VTK protobuf to something fresh. Rebuilding a platform theme part of Qt with VTK protobuf library does not worth time spent on it. IMHO, of course :-)