[Paraview] Problem with paraview and Protocol Buffer version

Daniel Vogler davogler at ethz.ch
Tue Feb 13 15:18:55 EST 2018

Hi Cory, dear Artem,

Thanks for the mails. Regarding the issue Cory sent.

When doing the following:

I moved libqgtk2.so (not libqgtk3.so in my case) from
/opt/Qt/5.9.0/gcc_64/plugins/platformthemes

and commented _all_ lines in
/opt/Qt/5.9/gcc_64/lib/cmake/Qt5Gui/Qt5Gui_QGtk3ThemePlugin.cmake

I then rebuild paraview (build succeeds) but when I try to execute

user:~/software/paraview_bin$ ./bin/paraview
libprotobuf FATAL
/home/user/software/paraview/ThirdParty/protobuf/vtkprotobuf/src/google/protobuf/stubs/common.cc:62]
This program requires version 2.6.0 of the Protocol Buffer runtime
library, but the installed version is 2.3.0.  Please update your
library.  If you compiled the program yourself, make sure that your
headers are from the same version of Protocol Buffers as your link-time
library.  (Version verification failed in
"/build/mir-O8_xaj/mir-0.26.3+16.04.20170605/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu/src/protobuf/mir_protobuf.pb.cc".)
Aborted

I still have no success. I still have other version of Qt installed
(also in opt) and did not uninstall "qt5-gtk-platformtheme" as suggested
by Timo Oster in the thread you sent. Could any of this be the problem?
I am hesitant to uninstall qt5-gtk-platformtheme as I'm not sure if
that'll give me another conflict.

Did I forget anything?

Daniel