[Paraview] Python programmable source

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Tue Feb 13 12:24:38 EST 2018

The programmable source was designed to work on the server-side data only.
By the fact that you're using the built-in server (i.e. the ParaView GUI
and pvserver run in the same process space) you have access to client-side
information like representation type but that stuff is only available after
you've fully executed the programmable source script.

You may want to look at using the Python trace functionality and then
saving that as a macro. That should be a more consistent solution that also
works with a remote pvserver.