[Paraview] Finding Data Range Over All Timesteps Python

Bane Sullivan banesulli at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 14:41:02 EST 2018

I’m curious if there is a way to calculate the range of a data array over
all time steps much like the “Rescale to data range over all time steps.”

I want to calculate this data range in a Python Programmable Filter in the
RequestInformation() script so that at the start, I have the total range
over all time steps to then perform a normalization over that range in the
RequestData() script that uses that total data range rather than the range
of the data array at that given timestep.

Currently my workaround is: View by the data array -> Start recording a
Trace -> Rescale the colormap to data range over all time steps -> Stop
Trace -> find the range given to the RescaleTransferFunction in the Trace->
hardcode those values into the python programmable filter to perform the
normalization over that min/max range.

Thanks,

Bane
https://github.com/banesullivan/ParaViewGeophysics