[Paraview] paraview-superbuild Qt5 not found

Hermitte Luc (CS SI) Luc.Hermitte at cnes.fr
Thu Feb 8 10:46:27 EST 2018

Hi,

I'm trying to build paraview with the superbuild procedure, and with a custom install of Qt5.

I'm calling cmake with the following options :
    cmake -Dqt5_enabled=On -DUSE_SYSTEM_qt5=On(/Off) -DQt5_DIR=/path/to/qt/5.9.1/lib/cmake/Qt5 ..

Note that, in doubt, I've also exported Qt5_DIR as an environment variable.

Alas I observe errors like the following

---------------------------
CMake Error at superbuild/cmake/patches/ExternalProject.cmake:2295 (get_property):
  get_property could not find TARGET qt5.  Perhaps it has not yet been
  created.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  superbuild/cmake/patches/ExternalProject.cmake:2568 (_ep_add_configure_command)
  superbuild/cmake/SuperbuildExternalProject.cmake:183 (ExternalProject_add)
  superbuild/cmake/SuperbuildMacros.cmake:881 (_superbuild_ExternalProject_add)
  superbuild/cmake/SuperbuildMacros.cmake:674 (_superbuild_add_project_internal)
  superbuild/CMakeLists.txt:124 (superbuild_process_dependencies)

If I don't set qt5_enabled, and if instead I go into the build sub-directory superbuild/paraview/build/ and rerun cmake with "-DPARAVIEW_BUILD_QT_GUI=On" I can succeed. Alas it kind of defects the purpose of a superbuild.

Did I miss something, or is this a bug like the one reported for HDF5 last year?

Regards,

--
Luc Hermitte