[Paraview] undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS2_AsEncodedString

Fabian Wein fabian.wein at fau.de
Fri Feb 2 10:55:00 EST 2018

It get's (for me) strange:

nm /home/fwein/code/cfs_paraview/build_python/build/install/lib64/python2.7/lib-dynload/_struct.so | grep PyUni
                  U PyUnicodeUCS2_AsEncodedString

nm -D /usr/lib64/python2.7/lib-dynload/_struct.so | grep PyUnico
                  U PyUnicodeUCS4_AsEncodedString

This is as I would expect it. So, I don't understand the error message:

ImportError: /home/fwein/code/cfs_paraview/build_python/build/install/lib64/python2.7/lib-dynload/_struct.so: undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS2_AsEncodedString

Is the error message wrong with the filename?

Mabye the path are set wrong?!

Fabian