[Paraview] Fwd: Integrate Variables Over a Volume

Andrew antech777 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 04:34:08 EST 2018

[Sorry, I forgot to change the mail address to Paraview. So copying it to
the list.]

Hello. I use ParaView 5.4.1 and I checked Integrate Variables on volume
now. It works but, as in some other cases in ParaView, it requires the
single entities type. For example, if you have a domain (volume) and
boundaries (surfaces), it will not work on you whole input. Use Extract
Block to extract the "real" volume prior the Integrate Variables.
There is the other thing that is not very good concerning this "entity type
problem". If you use the Calculator filter on mixed entities (fluid domain
+ boundaries) it says that it cannot find a variable, although it shows
this variable in it's drop-down list. It's confusing if you encounter this
the first time or have forgotten about this issue. May be it would be
better to introduce some sort of message to inform a user that there is a
"mixed entity issue".