[Paraview] Integrate Variables

Andrew antech777 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 01:39:33 EST 2018

Hello. The Intergate Variables filter just calculate the area integral of
each variable. If you need the mass flow then your workflow is correct. I
use the same approach:
1. Slice + coordinate thresholds if it's needed to bound the sloce.
2. Calculator filter with the function like
MassFlux=Density*VelocityVector*SurfaceNormalVector
3. Intergate Variables. The MassFlux integral is what we need.
Regarding the time dependence I cannot suggest you something because I
didn't work with transient cases in ParaView (I use CFD Post for
transients).
I also don't know the simple way to filter just one variable to integrate.
If you have lots of variables like in CFD results it's very inconvenient to
dig through all variables in Intagrate results.