[Paraview] wrong 'Coloring' in Contour with large datapoints

ufdup ufdup89 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 11:36:43 EST 2018

Hi,

I have two scalar fields, Q and cosalpha, and they are both 768 x 768 x
12288 big.

This data is stored in a hdf5 file, which I load using a xmf file. Loading
works fine and
I can confirm that by checking the range of my data. cosalpha is the cosine
of an angle and ranges from -1 to 1 for example. Q is also correct.

I want to create an isosurface of Q and color it with cosalpha. However,
after the filter has been applied to Q, the range of cosalpha changes (in
the information panel) and the coloring does not work as expected. It seems
like that cosalpha is taking the range of Q....

Any hint of what I might be doing wrong?

Kind Regards
Tiago