[Paraview] Issues running paraview on RHEL7.4 system

Masshardt, Eric Eric.Masshardt at Abbvie.com
Wed Aug 29 17:31:39 EDT 2018

I downloaded and expanded ParaView-5.5.2-Qt5-MPI-Linux-64bit on a rhel7.4 system. I prepended the PATH with the ParaView bin directory and LD_LIBRARY_PATH with the ParaView lib directory.

When I try to start "paraview" I, it's aborted and core dumps.

I found the following thread which seemed relevant:     https://public.kitware.com/pipermail/paraview/2017-June/040379.html

I tried "paraview --mesa-llvm" and it runs, but as in the prior thread, the screen is blank (along with the Xlib messages about extension "MIT-SHM" missing). I then tried setting "QT_X11_NO_MITSHM=1", but this seemed not to have an effect. I still receive the Xlib error regarding MIT-SHM and still a blank window.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Eric