[Paraview] OSPray rendering

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon Aug 20 13:27:09 EDT 2018

On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 12:03 PM GeorgeP S <salachoris1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i am encountering a small problem mostly due to my little experience with
> OSPray rendering. I want to give a "material" to my model but i don't want
> to do it with the pathtracer renderer i want to do it with scivis, is it
> possible ?

At the moment, materials are only available in pathtracer.

> Also is it possible to select some components of my model and have them
> rendered in a material and the rest with other materials , how can i do
> that?

Besides thresholding into different sourceproxies each of which could have
its own material, a cell aligned array can select a material for each cell
within a single sourceproxy.

To do so:
Use an indexed color table (Color Map Editor -> Interpret Values As
Categories).
Set material names via Annotations in the color map editor.
Switch the material type to "Value Indexed".

Attached is a state file to demonstrate.