[Paraview] Upgrade NumPy 1.8.x → 1.10.x or greater

Bane Sullivan banesulli at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 17:13:26 EDT 2018

Would it be possible to upgrade the NumPy that gets shipped with ParaView
binaries?

NumPy has tons of really great features that come around release 1.10 and
later which I heavily use and I think users would greatly benefit from
having a newer version of NumPy in ParaView's site-packages.

I simply propose NumPy-v1.10.x as a new minimum.

I usually delete ParaView’s version of NumPy and create a symbolic link to
a python 2.7 numpy I have installed in a lightweight virtual environment. I
haven’t had any trouble using newer versions of NumPy so I am curious why
ParaView still ships with numpy-v1.8.1?

I have also created an issue on GitLab:
https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/issues/18369

Thanks,