[Paraview] GradientOfUnstructuredDataSet Filter for Catalyst

Atul Singh atulsingh92 at outlook.com
Wed Aug 1 08:56:27 EDT 2018

Dear Paraviewers,

I am trying to visualize Vorticities and Q criterion , for the damBreak case (2D) with catalyst (Paraview 5.5.1). The GradientOfUnstructuredDataSet filter has both of them, unfortunately this filter is not to be found in manifest.json file inside Paraview/Catalyst/Editions/Extras of github.

Separately, I've also tried doing the following filters for vorticities, but it wouldnt work.

1) ComputeDerivative() , gives NameError: name 'ComputeDerivative' is not defined

2) python calculator with vorticity(U) as Expression, gives Failed to create 'vtkPythonCalculator' error

3) GradientofUnstructuredDataSet(), again gives NameError: name 'GradientofUnstructuredDataSet' is not defined.

Focussing on the last error, could someone guide me on what else could I do I visualize vorticities and Q-criterion in Catalyst.

Or perhaps a way to add to the manifest.json file so that my filters work with catalyst, if that would be a better option?

Sincerly,
Atul Singh.