[Paraview] Selecting points from mesh in PARAVIEW using pvpython

jrojasca at ens-paris-saclay.fr jrojasca at ens-paris-saclay.fr
Thu Apr 26 03:19:34 EDT 2018

Hello,

I am working to make a selection of points from a unstructured grid
(associated to a .xmf file) in Paraview  to carry out a FFT of them
later on. Doing this by using the GUI of Paraview is fairly
straightforward since there are several options to select these
points. However, I need to this by coding it from the python shell
option.

I have already looked several books, presentations and help online
without finding an example or a specific explanation about how to code
the selection of  points by using python.

I would really appreciate your help regarding this subject,

Regards,

Juan