[Paraview] Paraview Time scale

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Wed Apr 25 07:37:29 EDT 2018

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 2:53 AM, João Gil <jotapgil at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone
> I am using Paraview for post-processing data of an OpenFOAM solver. I have
> some questions regarding the time units that are shown in Paraview.
> These are my parameters for time control:
> - Start Time: 0
> - Time Step: 400
> - End Time: 4000000
> - Write Interval: 4000

I'm a little unclear - are these OpenFOAM time parameters? It looks like it
will produce 4,000,000 / 4,000 = 1,000 time steps?

> Each time frame of Paraview, with these controls, represent what time? For
> example, time frame 100 in the Paraview time field options.

Time 100 corresponds to the 100th output time step, which would be 100 *
4,000 = 400,000 in whatever the OpenFOAM time units are (seconds?).

I'm not that familiar with OpenFOAM data sets, but my understanding is that
time information is embedded in the output case directory structure.
ParaView should display the time in the "Time:" display in the topmost
toolbar next to the time frame control, which should show 100.

Hope that helps,
Cory

> Thank you for your attention!
>
> Sincerely,