[Paraview] Vague question about adding a GUI to Paraview

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Apr 24 09:25:56 EDT 2018

> Basically, I want to enable a mode where I select an element(s) in Paraview
> and that goes off and makes some plots based on which element I selected.
> I don’t know how to intercept the action of selecting an element.    Can I
> do this in some clever way from a Programmable Filter?    Do we need to
> write a GUI in C++ and compile it in to enable this?

Doing that via a C++-based plugin would be  my preferred approach. You
definitely can't do it via programmable filter, but a client-side
Python script (one that's run in Python shell) is a possibility but
depends on the exact scenario as everything is not necessarily
achievable via Python exposed components.