[Paraview] [ParaView] Problem with saving data from python

Gena Bug archaerolog at mail.ru
Wed Apr 18 12:06:42 EDT 2018

Hi!

I've spent couple of hours but couldn't understand what I do wrong. When
running following script from console ($ pvpython script.py):

from paraview.simple import *
paraview.simple._DisableFirstRenderCameraReset()

wavelet1 = Wavelet()

clip1 = Clip(Input=wavelet1)
clip1.ClipType = 'Box'
clip1.ClipType.Scale = [0.5, 0.5, 1.0]

SaveData('fuu.vtu', proxy=clip1, CompressorType='ZLib')

UpdatePipeline()

I see the file fuu.vtu but it doesn't contain any data nor mesh. However
if I do these steps from the GUI then I get correct file.

PV 5.5 for linux64, downloaded from the site. Run on debian testing.