[Paraview] Custom Filter with Input to pipe to Programmable Filter

Arno Mayrhofer arno.mayrhofer at dcs-computing.com
Wed Apr 18 04:41:41 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I have made a small Programmable Filter that converts my input data. Now
I have one parameter (resolution) that I would like to be modifiable by
the user. My script currently looks as follows:

resolution = 20 val ={'resolution': resolution, 'self': self}

execfile('/path/to/filter.py', val)

Ideally I want my users to not have to replace the 20 by whatever value
they desire, but instead make a Custom Filter with either a text input
field or a slider that will pipe its value to the Programmable Filter.
Is something like this possible at all?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Arno