[Paraview] Using ninja to build/install ParaView

Chris Coutinho c.coutinho at redstack.nl
Tue Apr 3 16:50:25 EDT 2018

Hello,

I’m using the Kitware fork of ninja, which builds the latest release candidate of ParaView just fine, but when I install it to the specified install location (via ninja install), all of the executables are suddenly unable to find other linked libraries. In the build directory everything works, but the locations of various libraries (ie MPI) don’t carry over, and calling ParaView fails due to not being able to find those libraries.

Running ‘ldd’ on the executable shows that that all the libraries aren’t able to be found.

I’m curious if this is just a fact of Ninja as primarily a dev tool, or maybe I’m just not passing it the proper flags?

Met vriendlijke groet,

REDstack BV

Chris Coutinho

Onderzoeker/Data Analist

tel: +31 (0)6 – 2222 5785

post: Postbox 199, 8600 AD Sneek

bezoekadres: Pieter Zeemanstraat 6, 8606 JR Sneek

email: c.coutinho at redstack.nl <mailto:c.coutinho at redstack.nl>

www: www.redstack.nl <http://www.redstack.nl/>