[Paraview] Windows MPI capable Paraview binary install package question

Cone, Giovanni Antonio conega at lanl.gov
Fri Sep 29 17:46:57 EDT 2017

Hello gang,

  We're attempting to deploy the PV-5.4.1 Windows client via the SCCM
utility on our systems here at LANL. Our SCCM team deployed the MPI-
enabled version for user installation. Early testers are encountering
an error message regarding a missing "msmpi.dll" library.  I'm
suspecting that this particular build of PV is making use of
Microsoft's MPI library/SDK?

If so, I'll simply have our SCCM team deploy the non-MPI capable PV.
Given that the common use case will be to use the PV GUI for a client-
server connection to our HPC platforms, having a locally MPI-capable
ParaView is likely overkill.

Polite feedback is appreciated :-)

Thanks!

--