[Paraview] Convert VTU for Arctic Viewer

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Thu Sep 21 13:31:32 EDT 2017

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your interest. The following Python scripts provide an example
on how to generate such dataset.

https://github.com/Kitware/arctic-viewer/blob/master/scripts/examples/paraview/mpas/raw-probe-flat-earth.py
https://github.com/Kitware/arctic-viewer/blob/master/scripts/examples/vtk/mpas/raw-probe-flat-earth.py

Moreover, depending on your data structure, the way you want to iterate
through time may differ.
The example below show the can dataset with a geometry export. But at
least, it also show how to control time in ParaView when the reader is Time
aware.

https://github.com/Kitware/arctic-viewer/blob/master/scripts/examples/paraview/samples/VTKGeometry-can.py

Let me know if you need additional information regarding that script and
what it is doing.

Seb