[Paraview] Averaging data in paraview

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Sep 14 17:09:39 EDT 2017

I don’t think there is anything ready made that will do what you are describing. However, I think if your points are lined up along the x axis (assuming width=x), I think you can fake it by squishing the data to a line and telling ParaView to merge coincident points (clean the data). Try the following steps:

1.       Add the Transform filter. Change the Scale parameter to [0, 1, 1]. Apply.

2.       Add the Clean to Grid filter. Apply.

3.       Add the Plot Over Line filter. Apply.

Another alternative is to just create a scatterplot with the Y value on the bottom axis and the value on the right. (Turn off lines, turn on markers.) It’s different than showing the average, but it contains more information.

-Ken