[Paraview] Question about animation background size

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Fri Sep 8 07:35:29 EDT 2017

Does your current window size and target image size for the animation
differ in aspect ratio? That's one reason why animation view may not
match your expectation. With ParaView 5.5, there will be a "Preview"
mode which allow you to set up your viz to match the target aspect
(see https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/merge_requests/1733).
With 5.4 and earlier, you can use "Tools | Lock View Size Custom" to
lock the view size to an aspect ratio matching your target resolution
and then zoom in/out as needed to ensure a better fit.

Utkarsh