[Paraview] Do you have data that I might show off OSPRay rendering with?

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Sep 7 12:02:49 EDT 2017

Hi lists,

We've been working lately to expose OSPRay's path traced lights and
materials inside VTK and ParaView. I'd like to make some snazzy
photorealistic images and movies now and post them on the website, at
conferences  and in press releases.

Unsurprisingly the images I can make out of vtkSphereSource and the like,
are not all that compelling. That's why I'm reaching out to see if anyone
has some great looking, real world, data that I might work with.

I am thinking something like a car with lots of glass and metal and rubber
would be ideal - especially if the data also had some interesting attribute
data on it that I could colormap at the same time. I'm more than happy to
attribute the data however you like.

Feel free to contact me off-list if you like.

thanks

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
Principal Engineer