[Paraview] Building Paraview 5.4.1 in Ubuntu 16.04

Joel Manning joel.manning at prevailinganalysis.com
Wed Sep 6 12:15:01 EDT 2017

Hi,

I am attempting to build Paraview 5.4.1 from source using VTK_PYTHON_VERSION = 3 with the aim of making use of paraview automation using python 3.  However I am running into trouble because the qt version does not meet the minimum of version 5.6.  Also the Qt5_DIR is not found.

I am attempting the build using Cmake 3.5.1 on Ubuntu 16.04.
Ubuntu 16.04 is supplied with qt5.5.1 but I cannot update this.

Please can you provide me with some advice and preferably step-by-step instructions on how to complete this build.

Many thanks,
Joel