[Paraview] Specifying filters from plugins in ParaViewWeb Visualizer proxy file

louise.davies at stfc.ac.uk louise.davies at stfc.ac.uk
Thu Oct 26 11:24:19 EDT 2017

Hello all,

I'm specifying some plugins to load with Visualizer, and I want to be able to apply filters from these plugins in Visualizer. I've copied the defaultProxies.json<https://github.com/Kitware/ParaView/blob/master/Web/Python/defaultProxies.json> file from the ParaView source code and I don't know how to get ParaView to recognise my plugin filter name.

For example, I specify on the command line I want to load the default AcceleratedAlgorithms plugin. I want to expose the Flying Edges 3D filter in Visualizer. However, all of the names I can find related to the Flying Edges 3D filter in its .xml file<https://github.com/Kitware/ParaView/blob/master/Plugins/AcceleratedAlgorithms/AcceleratedAlgorithms.xml> (e.g. FlyingEdges3D, vtkFlyingEdges3D) do not allow me to use the filter. When I click on the item in the filters pane it does nothing.

Am I understanding this incorrectly? Does it work differently for filters loaded from plugins than from default ParaView filters?

Kind Regards,

Louise