[Paraview] LiveInsituLink proxy in pvpython client

Kolja Petersen petersenkolja at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 12:49:53 EDT 2017

Hello,
Are there any examples how to receive extracts from Catalyst simulations in
a batch pvpython script?

My first attempt looks as attached. I connect to a pvserver running on
localhost. Then I create a LiveInsituLink proxy, set the insitu port to
22222 and initialize the proxy. Finally, I repeat ProcessEvents(), which I
hoped would allow me to interact with the Catalyst simulation.

However, when I first start pvserver, then the "coproc.py" script
(attached), and finally a Catalyst example (e.g.
Examples/Catalyst/CFullExample/FEDriver.c),
nothing useful happens. The callback, which should react to any
LiveInsituLink events, is only called during initialization
(UpdatePropertyEvent and ModifiedEvent), then never again.
lil.GetTimeStep() in the endless loop shows always the same
(uninitialized?) value, there are no Debug messages from the LiveInsituLink
proxy.

How can I receive a notification, when a Catalyst simulation connects?
How can I get a list of available extracts?
Thank you
Kolja