[Paraview] How to test for empty block in multi-block dataset

Dennis Conklin dennis_conklin at goodyear.com
Wed Oct 18 10:39:08 EDT 2017

All,

I have a number of filters that process all the blocks in a multiblock dataset.

If I perform some preliminary processing, such as thresholding, I might end up with some empty blocks (contain no elements satisfying the Threshold, for instance)

When I try to process an empty block, it kills Paraview.   I tried testing for block.GetNumberOfCells()>0,  but calling GetNumberOfCells() on an empty block seems to kill Paraview all on it's own.

Is there a test I can do to detect an empty block without killing the program?

Thanks
Dennis