[Paraview] Paraview 5.4.1 FTBS on Debian/Testing with gcc 7.2 when -DPARAVIEW_USE_VISITBRIDGE=ON

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Thu Oct 12 15:44:41 EDT 2017

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 09:39:29 -0400, Ben Boeckel wrote:
> Hmm, my browser history says I searched for this back in July… looking
> around there finds:
>
>     https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/issues/17456
>
> which seems to have dropped off our radar. Is the Vs reader necessary?
> If not, feel free to disable it, otherwise the reader will need fixed
> (it seems it has never worked though since it did this since its
> addition to visit upstream).

Further investigation shows that the code in the class isn't used at all
anyways. You can just remove the VsStaggeredField.C line from the
Vs/CMakeLists.txt file to fix the build error.

    https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/visitbridge/merge_requests/45
    https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/merge_requests/1965

--Ben