[Paraview] Overlapping ParaView windows obscuring each other in ParaViewWeb visualizer server

Shawn Waldon shawn.waldon at kitware.com
Thu Oct 12 08:48:43 EDT 2017

Hi Louise,

I have seen something like this before when using VTK render windows on
Linux with NVidia drivers.  There is a bug/feature in the NVidia driver
where it only renders the part of the window that is shown onscreen.  The
workaround I used at the time was to enable offscreen rendering (which I
think ParaView will do by default in the 5.5 when that is released in a few
months).  In ParaView master/5.5 it will be a command line option too
--force-offscreen-rendering, but I think for 5.4 and earlier you would need
to build ParaView with offscreen rendering enabled and then use that
ParaView for Visualizer.

HTH,
Shawn