[Paraview] Paraview 5.4.1 error message & freeze

Sonya Davydycheva sdavyd at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 11:52:55 EDT 2017

Hello Cory & Paraview team,

I am just giving below a SUMMARY on the errors I encountered while working
with ParaView.

Version 4.0.1 installed on my old (2013) 64-bit Toshiba laptop under
Windows 7: works fine, shows images for model.vtk & glyph for data.vtk;
does not freeze.

Version 5.4.1 just DOES NOT install on my old (2013) Toshiba laptop.

Version 4.0.1 installed on a new (2016) Dell laptop under Windows 7: shows
images for model.vtk & glyph for data.vtk, but freezes while attempting to
do full screen or just to drug the screen edge in order to increase screen
with the following diagnostics:
--------------------
Output messages
QWidget:: repaint: Recursive repaint detected.
---------------------

Version 5.4.1 installed on a 2016 Dell laptop under Windows 7: shows images
for model.vtk, BUT glyph for data.vtk STAYS EMPTY, and the application ALSO
freezes while attempting to do full screen or just to drug the screen edge
in order to increase screen, with no diagnostics.

So, for now I have to continue working with version 4.0.1, and it is fine,
so far, for the learning purpose. To prevent freezing, I simply avoid to
increase screen / full screen.

The  version 4.0.1 was my random choice, just the first version I saw
available for 64-bit system.
Would you recommend for me to try any newer version?

Many thanks for your help,

Sonya Davydycheva <http://3demholding.com>