[Paraview] Details of XML filter with lists of input arrays

Dennis Conklin dennis_conklin at goodyear.com
Tue Oct 3 08:17:44 EDT 2017

All,

I'm confused about how to write an XML plugin that lets the user select input variables for processing.

Say I want to put up a list of  cell variables and let the user select which ones to process:

I see this:
https://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Plugin_HowTo#Drop_down_list_with_values_from_input_arrays
but it is not clear to me.
My questions include:

  1.  How do I get Cell variables, point variables or field variables - which is the example, or do we always get all 3?
  2.  Within my code, how do I know what variables have been selected by the user from the list?
Thanks for all for any help.

Dennis