[Paraview] cutting unstructructured grid data with a plane

Amine Aboufirass Amine.Aboufirass at deltares.nl
Wed Nov 8 09:29:26 EST 2017

Hello,

I have a 3-dimensional unstructured grid containing points with vector, tensor and scalar data. I would like to cut this dataset with a plane of my choice and then select all points that occur within this plane. Kind of like a cross section.

I've already been fooling around with the "clip" filter and this does cut the dataset with a plane of my choice. However I don't know how to go from there to actually selecting just the points that occur within that rectangle.

Eventually I would like to achieve this using the vtk python library.

Could anyone provide some guidance?

Thanks

DISCLAIMER: This message is intended exclusively for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message. Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. The foundation 'Stichting Deltares', which has its seat at Delft, The Netherlands, Commercial Registration Number 41146461, is not liable in any way whatsoever for consequences and/or damages resulting from the improper, incomplete and untimely dispatch, receipt and/or content of this e-mail.