[Paraview] gpu_shader4 extension is not supported

Burlen Loring burlen.loring at gmail.com
Wed May 17 17:22:54 EDT 2017

> - one build for the front end with GUI: it has no GPU but a windowing
> system (this is the blocking point at this time)
OK. to accomplish this, first do a Mesa build configured as
follows(glx+software rendering)

    ../mesa-17.0.6/configure --enable-texture-float --enable-glx
    --disable-dri --disable-egl --disable-gles1 --disable-gles2
    --disable-gbm --disable-driglx-direct --disable-xvmc
    --with-gallium-drivers=swrast,swr
    --prefix=/work/apps/mesa/17.0.6-x11-swr

make sure ParaView can find it, and configure ParaView as follows

    export
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/work/apps/mesa/17.0.6-x11-swr/lib/:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    cmake -DOPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR=/work/apps/mesa/17.0.6-x11-swr/include
    -DOPENGL_gl_LIBRARY=/work/apps/mesa/17.0.6-x11-swr/lib/libGL.so
    ~/work/ParaView/

when you run ParaView the "help/about" dialog should report VMWare Mesa
17.0.6 Gallium on llvmpipe.