[Paraview] CAVE and Paraview

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Wed Mar 29 23:19:31 EDT 2017

Faiz,

As per your last email, I think the problem could be related to VirtualGL
and TurboVNC. Can you try running your app outside cave (either setup as
two X displays or use two computer systems) without VirtualGL or TurboVNC
as that would surely give you a clear indication on what is the bottleneck.

I believe you are using nearly current paraview which uses OpenGL2 then my
other guess would be that your LOD is not triggering, but even without that
you should be able to render 100K points without much trouble on a decent
graphics card.

Let us know what you think of the above before we dig into it further.

Thanks,