[Paraview] Error in rendering Point Sprite - vtkShader

Christine Beaulieu christinebeaulieu1990 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 11:14:37 EDT 2017

Hello,

my name is Christine Beaulieu. I am doing a PhD at École Polytechnique
Montréal. I am using Paraview to visualize results of my simulations in
granular materials.

I have a problem when I try to use the «Point Spite» mode with non constant
radius. When I use «Constant Radius» for my particles, I have no problem.
However, as soon as I change it for «Radius», I get the following error :

[image: Images intégrées 1]

I tried to install different versions (5.1, 4.1 and 4.4...) but I always
get some errors (but not the same error) when I try to do this operation.
With the version 5.1, Paraview simply freezes when I try to use «Gaussian
Points». With the version 4.1, I have this error :

[image: Images intégrées 2]

I also tried to look on forums, but I didn't find any satisfactory and
comprehensible answer...

My operating system is Windows 10, 64-bits.

Do you think you can help me? It would be very useful for my research if I
could visualize properly my results...

Thank you very much in advance.
Have a nice day

--